For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.
â€”Rainer Maria Rilke
Whatâ€™s preventing you and your partner from connecting more deeply and honestly with each other?
Relationship counseling can help if you are:
- Experiencing frequent conflict and communication problems
- Walking on eggshells around your partner
- Feeling unseen, unheard, or misunderstood
- Coping with betrayal or a lack of intimacy
- Feeling unloved or unfulfilled in your relationship but unsure what to do
- Contemplating separation or divorce
You can begin to:
- Resolve conflicts without them escalating into an argument
- Practice talking truthfully with each other without fear of retaliation
- Ask for what you need and want in a way your partner can hear
- Understand each otherâ€™s love language and demonstrate love in the way your partner needs
- Enhance the way you communicate and express intimacy
- Listen with the intent to hear and understand your partner
- Use betrayal as an opportunity to heal what is not working in your relationship
- Release resentments and bitterness
- Develop the skills needed to stay together or the strength to leave
An authentic relationship â€“ a balance of love and respect â€“ is an achievable alternative to either codependence or defensive separateness. Together and individually, you can come to a clearer, more empathic level of understanding and learn more fulfilling ways to interact. Guided by gentle directness in a safe environment, you can begin to dissolve old barriers and develop a relationship that is more truthful and intimate.
Are You Ready to Transform Your Relationship with Yourself â€¦ and Others?
Good relationships with yourself and others are at the heart of a well-balanced, joyful, healthy, and productive life. The difficulties that arise in creating healthy relationships â€“ although painful â€“ can be powerful opportunities for deep personal and spiritual growth.
Relationships create valuable feedback through which you can gain a deeper understanding of your history, behavior patterns, deep-seated beliefs, talents, and passions. From this, you can make new and positive changes in all aspects of your life.
Schedule a Session
Please contact me if you have any questions or wish to schedule a session or complimentary consultation. I look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a positive, healthy relationship.
We were at a crisis point when we came to see Jennifer. We both felt that every session was impactful. We now have a deep understanding and appreciation of each other and our relationship together.
â€”J., Boulder, Colorado