Take Time to Talk Intimately with Your Partner
Relationship Satisfaction Inventory
Fill out this inventory and give it to your partner to do the same. Then set aside some time to compare and talk about how each of you has rated each category. Look for the strengths in your relationship as well as identify the areas that could be enhanced, to make this the kind of relationship you would like it to be. Set a goal together to make this happen.
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being very unsatisfied and 10 being very satisfied, rate each of the following:
- Communication skills
- Creative use of conflict/crisis
- Common goals and values … what are they?
- Agreement on gender roles
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Sexual fulfillment
- Money management
- Commitment to growth, yours and the relationship
- Giving and receiving appreciation and affection
- Time together
- Family matters … parents, in‐laws, children
- Decision making skills